Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wrinkles around your lips from smoking...?

I have very fine lines caused from smoking. I'm 30 years old and have recently quit smoking. Is it too late to stop these wrinkles? They are not noticable now, except up close. Now that I'm no longer smoking will progression stop? Or am I doomed to have these wrinkles?Wrinkles around your lips from smoking...?
Congrats to smoking cessation! This is the first step--especially at the age of 30.


It is a known fact that smoking is the primary reason for premature wrinkles with sun exposure coming in second.


Everytime a cigarette is puffed and after over a long period, wrinkles start to form around the lips. Everyone I know who's been smoking for years upon years has wrinkles around their lips. The free radicals in the cigarettes alone coupled with the constant, repetitive puckering of the lips--the tender skin in that area doesn't stand a chance.


To answer your question, you may be able to slightly diminish (at the very least) the appearance by following these guidelines that I am about to outline for you. I realize that this is not the same, but I was on a Starbucks ';rant'; for six years straight with the Soy Chai. I believe that the soy in the Chai tea was responsible for creating the ';nasal'; wrinkles that descended from my nose to the corners of my mouth. What I did was I, first, ditched the soy chai and never ordered the drink again, that was job #1. Next, I stuffed my body with plenty of fruits and veggies, about 10 to count per day. Anywhere I went, I either had a couple of bananas in my handbag, or a pear and an apple and oranges. Avocados are really good for you. Berries of all kinds such as boysenberries, gooseberried, blackberries and the more commonly known berries as well. Eat veggies packed with vitamin C such as dark, green leafy, fresh spinach, brocolli, green peppers and brussel sprouts, if you're able to, at all, stand such a tiny cabbage. I don't have the stomach for it, personally, but I fair well with the aforementioned veggies just fine.


Guess what? Those wrinkles diminished. I've noticed from time to time that they reappear when I am slacking on my fruit/veggie consumption. It will sneak up on you and that's a great reminder to get back in gear again. Also, very important to drink very good quality purified water, and plenty of it. You need to flush those free rads away from your system. Pay attention to your digestive system first. That's where everything happens and is a determination for what happens after that. Eat lots of yogurt and I would take a strong liking to garlic--fresh and raw if you can stand it.


I've just outlined all of the things that I do on a daily basis, that after awhile, became very easy for me--like second nature. You'll notice a wonderful glow to your skin that the smoking kept at bay. My husband smokes three packs a day and I've never seen such a glow on his skin--it doesn't exist. He has a smoker's complexion and skin tone. I get concerned, but people do what they will in life and I never nag him about smoking cessation. I figure he'll quit when he's ready, but it's so hard for me to watch on a daily basis. He's also losing his teeth at a very rapid rate because of smoking and only has 10 in his mouth when he should have close to 32.


Good luck with you venture to good health and peace to you... :)Wrinkles around your lips from smoking...?
Doomed unless you get collagen injections to plump them back out. And that's only temporary.
smoking positively dries the skin. that explains the wrinkles
botox
They will eventually go away, but DO apply a moisturizer to that area and do NOT go back to smoking.
Well, it's good that you stopped smoking. Congrats.





Go to the store and invest in anti-wrinkle creams. Olay is a good brand as well as Neutrigena [?sp]. It's expensive but, they help reduce those fine lines and help to prevent more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans