Friday, December 11, 2009

What type of linens won't pill or wrinkle? My sheets from 10 yrs ago are still good but 10 mths ago UCK!?

Ok, so I have noticed that sheets I have had for 10 years are still in very good shape. They feel smooth to the touch and lie flat on the mattress. No matter how much you sleep in them, they never wrinkle--if you make the bed, the wrinkles fall out.





But recently I have noticed that the sheets I received for my wedding, and sheets I have picked up at the store become pilly and wrinkle horribly after sleeping in them. What gives?What type of linens won't pill or wrinkle? My sheets from 10 yrs ago are still good but 10 mths ago UCK!?
I had a talk about this with a lady who worked at Macy's and her suggestion was NOT to buy linens from India. She said they generally pill because of the way they were woven. The thing that makes me sad though, is that I cannot remember which countries she told me were okay, and wouldn't pill up. I want those sheets! Maybe your local Macy's or other higher end department store might know.... (gosh and I want to know too!)What type of linens won't pill or wrinkle? My sheets from 10 yrs ago are still good but 10 mths ago UCK!?
the difference is the thead count, the higher the count, the better the sheets. i never buy anything less than 200 thread count, but i prefer 400.


but they are so expensive!!!!
I get 250 thread count sheets... they don't pill but they do wrinkle a little... but it's a sheet, so i expect some wrinkling will occur. As long as your comforter covers the sheet, does it matter if it wrinkles a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans